As the ETSI Network Functions Virtualisation Industry Specification Group (ETSI NFV) states, telecoms networks contain an increasing variety of proprietary hardware appliances. To launch a new network service often requires yet another appliance and finding the space and power to accommodate these boxes is becoming increasingly difficult, in addition to the complexity of integrating and deploying these appliances in a network.
Moreover, hardware-based appliances rapidly reach end of life: hardware lifecycles are becoming shorter as innovation accelerates, reducing the return on investment of deploying new services and constraining innovation in an increasingly network-centric world.
No wonder that so many people are turning to Virtualisation of Network Functions to reduce operator CAPEX and OPEX, time to market, greater flexibility, openness and better ROI from new services.
At SDN WORLD in Barcelona on 11-13 June 2013, endorsed by ETSI NFV, Network Functions Virtualisation and Carrier-Class SDN will be discussed in more complete detail than any other show to date.
Examining Network Functions Virtualisation and SDN from a strategic perspective, involving a wide variety of speakers, the event aims to establish how they might best be applied in a wide variety of network settings.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Caio Bonilha, President and CEO, Telebras, Brazil
• Alex Jinsung Choi, SVP and Head of Technology Strategy Office, SK Telecom, S. Korea
• Axel Clauberg, Board Member, ONF, and Vice President, IP & Optical, Deutsche Telekom, Germany
• Gaurav Desai, Senior Technical Leader / Manager, Google, USA
• Shahar Steiff, AVP, Business Operations, PCCW Global, Hong Kong
• Diego R. Lopez, Assistant Technical Manager, ETSI NFV and Head of Technology Exploration, Global CTO Unit, Telefonica, Spain
• Pieter Veenstra, Architect and Consultant, KPN, The Netherlands
• Javier Benitez, Senior Network Architect, Network Strategy & Architecture, Colt, Spain
• Andy Reid, Member, ETSI NFV and Chief Network Services Architect, BT, UK
• Masaki Fukui, Director of Media Innovation Laboratory, NTT Laboratories, Japan
• Imran Malik, Director, Customer Programme Management Office, Du, UAE
• Antonio Manzalini, Project Manager, Future Strategies Centre, Telecom Italia, Italy
• Ery Punta Hendraswara, IT Solution and Strategic Portfolio, Telkom Indonesia
• Pierre Lin, Principal Architect, Cross-Domain & Cloud Applications Architecture, Telstra, Australia
• Christos Kolias, Member, ETSI NFV and OpenFlow/SDN Technical Lead, Research Scientist, Network Architecture, Orange, USA
• Haim Geron, Senior Deputy Director-General, Israel Ministry of Communications
Visit http://www.sdnworldevent.com for further information and to download the full agenda.